Seasoned Steamers a ‘Product of the Year’
Green Giant’s Seasoned Steamers were recently called out by Parade magazine as one of its “products of the Year USA,” as judged by 50,000 shoppers from across the U.S.
Since we launched Seasoned Steamers back in June 2012, we knew we had a great product on our hands. But we’re really thrilled that the readers of Parade magazine – the most widely read magazine in the U.S. with a circulation of 33 million – agree.
Green Giant created Seasoned Steamers to bring more flavor to the frozen vegetable aisle. Our research showed that many people thought plain vegetables were kind of boring and that more elaborate vegetable dishes took too much time to prepare.
Also, some people preferred vegetables that didn’t have extra sauce – and their added calories – that some vegetable entrees include. So we developed Seasoned Steamers that take just four to eight minutes to prepare.
We have six varieties:
- Mediterranean Blend
- Tuscan Seasoned Broccoli
- Brussels Sprouts with Sea Salt and Cracked Pepper
- Honey Roasted Sweet Corn
- Honey Dijon Carrots
- Backyard Grilled Potatoes
“Green Giant tackled this conundrum: how to make veggies tastier without cheese or butter sauces. Answer: six types of Seasoned Steamers, from Honey Dijon Carrots to Backyard Grilled Potatoes,” wrote the magazine.
That’s just one of many testimonials this product has received since its launch last June.
- Shape magazine described them as a tasty way to eat healthful, but otherwise bland vegetables.
- Hungry Girl, a very popular website and e-newsletter, called them “frozen veggies worth getting excited over.”
- Numerous other blogs – from A Thrifty Mom to the Utah Deal Diva – have written positive reviews about Seasoned Steamers.
We all know we should eat more vegetables. So I’ve included a few of my favorite recipes from the Betty Crocker Kitchens that include Seasoned Steamers. I hope you enjoy them as much as I do: