PODCAST: August 2019
Here are the topics and interviews in our “A Taste of General Mills” podcast for August 2019:
- Employee guest co-host Todd Oxtra, an Inbound Materials Lead in our Supply Chain function, based at our World Headquarters, shares how General Mills gets products to store shelves. The segment includes an interview with John Church, our Chief Supply Chain Officer and Global Business Solutions Officer. Oxtra also talks about his career path, what he’s working on in his current role and his own podcast outside of work.
- The inside scoop on a mural of our cereal characters at Minnesota’s first cereal bar
- How the U.S. women’s national soccer team made it on the Wheaties box
- A behind-the-scenes look at Fiber One’s catchy song, and video, for its “work done” campaign
- Lilly Moeding, from Box Tops for Education, talks about the program’s big changes
- Cathy Swanson Wheaton from The Betty Crocker Kitchens shares a recipe from a new cookbook: “Betty Crocker Cookies – Irresistibly Easy Recipes for Any Occasion”
- The 3 Questions segment is with Fendi Chiu, human resources director for our North Asia team
- A history lesson on if and when the Trix Rabbit ever actually ate the cereal
Listen (29 min)
SHOW NOTES – August 2019/Episode 51
Box Tops for Education/Big change for Box Tops
Box Tops for Education/School Makeover Sweepstakes
General Mills trivia/Celebrating 60 Years of the Trix Rabbit
The “A Taste of General Mills” podcast is hosted by Kevin Hunt, Hanna Johnson and Chelcy Walker. The show has been in production since 2015.
It’s easy to listen to the show when you’re on the go. Just listen on any podcast app on your mobile device (search for General Mills), including Apple Podcasts, or right here on our blog.
Subscribe to our monthly email newsletter to be notified about our latest blog posts.
Have an idea for a story you’d like to see on “A Taste of General Mills”? Email us at email@example.com.
Have a question about our history? Record it as an audio clip on your phone and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org.